Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Things from today:

My mom said my new license got mailed to my house!! THAT MEANS I AM ALMOST 21!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! She's gonna mail it to me and hopefully I will get it before spring break so I can ogle it. It better freaking be a horizontal one instead of those stupid vertical ones. If only my picture wasn't awful.

I had a doc appt at home today and instead of repeating the whole debaucle of last time, my mom came and got me and then drove me back. It was really nice of her. She cares about me a lot. Something I realized is that I show that I care about others in the way that she shows she cares about me. It makes perfect sense, since she is my best model and she is SO caring and did everything she could for me when I was growing up. Even little things like getting worried about people's injuries and putting Neosporin on them... that is something she would do. She's really great and sometimes I don't give her enough credit.

During the car ride to the doctor I managed to explain to her things that she does that frustrate me but in a constructive way that wouldn't offend her but would still explain why I am sometimes so short tempered with her (which I always feel bad about afterwards). I realized it's because I am so much of a details person. She used to be both a details person and a big picture person, but lately lots of what she thinks about are universal truths. When I talk to her she frequently says "I've been learning that [enter some universal truth/thought/philosophy]." This frustrates me a lot because a) it's often something she's already told me before (and for some reason I get annoyed when she repeats herself. I know I shouldn't since God knows how many times I've repeated myself...Chris can attest to that) and b) I don't like dealing with universal ideas. I like to be specific. She said that she wanted to be a philosophy major in college but could never get into any of the classes until it was too late (she majored in music, which, not that oddly enough, is what I want to do with my future). I actually really hate philosophy. I almost took a philosophy class last year. I went to the first day of class and the teacher started out with "What makes us us?" This question actually made me want to run out of the room screaming. He went further, asking "Is it our bodies, is it our organs, our thoughts...?" Frankly, I don't care to analyze that kind of stuff. I would so much rather LIVE than spend time questioning it and pondering why I am me and why you are you and what makes us different. I can accept that people are similar and dissimilar in different ways and be perfectly content to leave it there.

Also, my father emailed me a very brief email, something about wanting me to reconsider talking to him as I near 21. Shutup.

I am now basically done until after break. I have two more classes but nothing is really due, so that is awesome. I just have to finish doing laundry and start packing. I can't believe I will be in Jamaica in 3 days (assuming everything works out).

I think I had more to say but I forget, so I'm gonna go eat and then try to nap.

No comments: