Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I slept until 3 pm today. As bad as I know it is...it felt great. Although, I am still tired.

Today I did nothing. I watched General Hospital, watched some more TV, talked to my mom on the phone, thought about doing my nails but didn't, and played with my digital camera. I could get used to this. I might have gone to the gym if my back wasn't hurting me.




My family has a very simple saying: You never know how things will turn out.

Last Friday I was supposed to move a load of stuff home from school. That was the one day it rained out of the whole week, and I would have had to take the train home, drive back, load the car, drive home, have dinner w/ my mom and family friends, and then take the train back to school. Needless to say, I didn't want to do this in the rain, so I decided not to. That meant I could go into the studio and get all my overdubs done. So that turned out very well. I would have done it Saturday, but one of my housemates was having a 14 person brunch from 12 to 2:30, and I was having dinner and seeing a tap show with Rachel and her parents (Pataya Grill..very very good. The show was great too) at 6, so there wouldn't have been time.

So I moved Sunday. But instead of having to get my mom to come get me or take the train home, Zach offered to drive me. So we took all my stuff back. And it just so happened that there was a graduation party at Noreen's house, which was about 15 minutes from my house, so we went there.

This weekend worked out very well, and it just goes to show that my family is right with that saying.

The weekend started with my mom telling me to follow the path of least resistance when I called her on Friday, upset about the rain. She said that if I just didn't fight things, and went the easiest route with this kind of stuff, things would fall into place. If it was meant to be it would be. Not to be confused with fate: not everything that happens is meant to be, and things aren't necessarily predetermined, but that if something was really supposed to happen, it would. So I followed the path of least resistance and things turned out great.

This is my last week at school. Less than a week. Even though I'm doing nothing now and bored a lot of the time...I don't want to go home. I guess I will have to try to create things to do at home, but I just don't really want to go back. I don't really feel like I have anything to look forward to. I guess I'll just follow the saying I started out with: You never know how things will turn out.

No comments: