Monday, January 01, 2007

I mean, I have to post something. It's January 1st.

My new years eve was GREAT this year. After some deliberating I decided I would go to NYC with Chris and The Pale Nimbus. I was nervous it was going to be weird cause I don't really know the other guys in the band, but they were all so friendly and welcoming and nice that it wasn't a problem at all. Chris picked me up at 11:30 am yesterday (I'd had about an hour to get ready and figure out what I wanted to wear) and we drove to Ambler, where the Nimbus guys were leaving from. We left around 1 and the drive was not bad at all. We got there and the bar they were playing at, the Lion's Den, was closed so Chris and I figured we'd go to Eric's where we were staying. We ended up walking the completely wrong direction and ended up in East Village (I think), so we shopped around a little. I bought some incense and a pair of sunglasses for Chris and he bought himself a beanie and a snazzy hat that I picked out. We walked back for load in but were too late by the time we got there, so we took a cab to Eric's, where we ate a little bit and had about half an hour to get ready. We took a cab back to the bar and I did my makeup there.

Nimbus played for about an hour and a half, and I really enjoyed just sititng and watching them. Chris is really talented and so are the other guys, and people were dancing around having a great time in front of the stage, so I was enjoying watching them. There were some kids there from my school so that was cool too. After they were done, Chris and I just had a great time at the bar, and ten minutes before midnight we went across the street to some coffee bar that was having a free champagne toast. We hung out there for a bit with one of the guys from the band and had some yummy raspberry beer like the kind they have at Monks.

After that we went back to Eric's but the door was locked and we couldn't get a hold of him so we went back out, stumbled upon an open Dunkin Donuts that was giving out free donuts. We went back to Eric's and we still couldn't reach him but we saw some guy come out of an apt at the end of the hall and he invited us in to the party there, so we checked it out for a few minutes. After that we sat outside Eric's door and waited for him and Miz. When they came back we hung out in Eric's room (Chris and I had apparently JUST missed the downpour of rain when we got back), and after that we went to sleep.

The ride back today was also fine, and I ended up having dinner at Chris's before coming home.

In terms of resolutions, I believe this is the third year I am NOT making any resolutions, because 1) it's really disappointing when I break them, which will inevitably happen, and 2) I can make a resolution any day of the year, I don't need it to be this day.

With that said, I MUST start going to the gym again when I get back to school. I'm getting gross again and it needs to be under control by spring break and the spring show. I also need to stop eating so much in general, and especially late at night. And with that said, I'm gonna go consider doing crunches, showering, and going to bed cause I am beat.

No comments: