Friday, January 27, 2006

This is from two years ago when I was on the train. I like it.

I can't exactly describe the feeling of listening to this music, but I can try. It's the squinty-eyed feeling I've spoken of before. Yes, it's weird music, but it speaks to me. Suddenly, the dark shadows of the trees against the midnight-blue sky have a new meaning. It makes me want to look into people's souls. Read their minds, and connect with them. I love the movie effect it gives, too. I know I've written about it before, but I can't help it. There is no outside noise - just people and their thoughts and actions.

I want to know why. I want to know the small "whys", like why that man over there looks like he wants nothing to do with that woman leaning her head on his shoulder. Maybe he just lost his job. Or his mom. Or they have a bad relationship. All I can do is wonder. Perhaps I'll do one of my rambles if I get around to it. I want to know more universal "whys", like why women want men who treat them badly, and why everything can't be beautiful and floaty and quiet and soft all the time. Like why there has to be harshness of any kind. And why that man over there just picked his nose. Someone's almost always watching you, especially in public places.

And the mood is broken by a phone call.

No comments: