Friday, April 08, 2005

Neither of you are right. There's no maybe about it - maybe one of you is wrong. It's both. And not just both. So many are wrong. Instead of two sides there are a million. It's even gone past black, white and grey to the full spectrum of colors.




At this current moment in time I'd say I'm ready for school to be over.

The weather right now reminds me of Newport.

While I was lying in bed this morning, I was thinking of things I regret. Things I wish had never happened. Almost as much as I am upset about those things happening at all, I am upset that I have things to regret. I came to college last year with a theory of "no regrets." I figured I could control things enough, and also that if I learned something from every situation I might regret, how could I regret it?

Then I realized that that's bullshit. Cause man, there are certain things I would take back in a heartbeat right now if I could. In a heartbeat. They are the things I'd say I learned the most from, but to be honest I'd rather have not learned anything than learned what I did the way I did. So not worth it in any way.

My "no bullshit" policy, then, is also not as intact as I'd like it to be. The more involved things get sometimes, the harder the "no bullshit" policy is to uphold. This is not always true, though. Sometimes the more involved things get, the easier it is.

So nothing really ever makes sense and nothing is absolute. Great.

I want to be in Newport.

No comments: