Well, although my mom tried to completely prevent it, I now have a tiny bit of snow-driving experience. After the 6 or so inches of snow last night, my grandmother, about half an hour ago, decided it would be a good idea to turn the car around, so the front was facing out of the driveway. She figured this would make it easier to get out later. (My mom had me back her car into the driveway, so it would be easy for her to get out today. What my grandmother didn't understand is that the key is to back the car in before the snow comes, not after). About 10 minutes after she'd gone out, I heard wheels spinning. Big Red's wheels. Yep, she was stuck. I watched her out of the window, while I was on the phone. She had a shovel, and was trying to shovel the snow out from behind the wheels. She tried to move the car again, to no avail. I went out, still on the phone, and tried to help shovel. She tried to move it again, and it didn't work. I asked if I could try, and she said yes, so I got in the car and tried. It was stuck. I got out and shoveled, and tried again. After a couple tries, I got the car back in its spot. I did a pretty good job for never having driven in the snow. I just backed up and got a running start, although it didn't work the first time b/c I was too far over.
My mom told me it's scary to drive in the snow, but I never really realized how scary, until today. You really have no control over what direction the car goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment