Tuesday, February 18, 2003

HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET
And trudge on through the snow
Like we never knew its cold.
And after eons of training
It's abandoned in one second
For selfish fancies and greed.

The apple fell off the tree
And went around to the other fruits
And talked about itself
Day in, day out.
Once it asked how the maggot-infested peach was doing
And then it went right back on its merry way.

And if one should stumble upon
Grace
How would they know what to call it?
And how can you speak a capitalized "G"?
It is, for certain, not in irreverence.
Feigned empathy is most sincere
Never.
I can tell
I can see
I can see through it because
It's not what you do.
It's not what you do when you care.
And if it is then I'm living
In some parallel universe
"It's getting harder and harder to tell
What came first..."

I woke up on the underside of wrong today
On the wrong side of under today
Under the side of wrong
Wrongly, under some side or other.
I mourn the losses,
All the losses,
While simultaneously rejoicing
In the gains.
Complications run rampant.

It's a wonder we live, with all that can go wrong.
Stop the drama.
I should take my own advice.

No comments: