I get weird when I'm tired. That's my only excuse for anything that follows.
This wedge of cheese is moldy;
take it away and run it down
the garbage disposal.
It separates me from my past
and forms a different future
than would have otherwise occurred.
Rainbow
is not a color I can fathom,
but I'll wear it.
I don't fathom myself
or the idea of being the people
who have to see myself
every day.
If I stare at you long enough
you'll disappear
or become someone else
like a cyclopse
or some other kind of
circus freak.
If you push my buttons
what do you think will happen?
I am broken
or out of batteries
or I was defective to begin with.
Resistance is futile,
we are all human.
But you are obviously
more of a human than me
which means that you
can treat me
like
like
socks.
Yeah, that's right.
Socks with holes;
you'll wear me when
there are no more socks,
because, hey,
I keep your feet warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment