Believe it or not, I found that good ol' note to self to write about the "earring incident." Now is the perfect time, so here goes:
It must have been last Wednesday night/Thursday morning that this "incident" occurred. I'll stop beating around the bush. I had just taken my earrings out for the first time ever (I got them pierced over the summer) Wednesday afternoon, and put in another pair. It was approximately 12:15 in the morning. I had just gotten off the phone with Tom, who I had called because I needed help on a chem lab (which I have yet to finish), and I was going to get ready for bed. I sort of wanted to play around with my earrings, since it's a new thing to me - the whole having holes in my ears thing.
I figured I'd take the earrings out, clean them, and put them back in. I took out the one that was in my right ear, cleaned it, tried to put it back in. It wouldn't go in, of course. It would go halfway in, but wouldn't go through the hole in the back of my ear, so I was pretty much poking around the inside of my ear, trying to get the damn earring through the other end. I took it out, and my ear started to bleed a little (I don't think it liked me poking around in there too much). I started to freak out (not because of the blood, because of the pain caused by the aforementioned poking around). I didn't know what to do, because I didn't want to wake my mom up. I tried for about 10 minutes to get it back in, and I couldn't. I managed to get it in backwards, so I knew the hole was still there and everything.
I decided to go into my grandparents room, and I heard my grandmother's headphones on (she likes to stay up into the wee hours of the morning listening to talk radio), so I knew she was awake. I got her to come into the bathroom where I'd been struggling with the earring; meanwhile, I had to keep shushing her so we wouldn't wake up my mom. She tried to get the earring in, and couldn't. Again with the pain. She kept saying that I should put Neosporin on it, and that would make it slide through, but I kept saying no because I thought it would make the hole close up around my ear. To make a long story less long, she ended up getting a flashlight and shining it on the back of my ear while I, with one hand, held a mirror up behind my ear and, with the other hand, tried to get the earring through. Finally, around 1 a.m., the earring successfully went back through my ear. Enter the crying. I pretty much broke down, because all I wanted to do was go to bed.
So. That's the story. Stay tuned for scenes from the next Days Of Our Lives...
No comments:
Post a Comment