Thursday, September 26, 2002

One time over the summer when my mom and I were in Newport, this lady came up to me and asked me if I had a pen she could use. Trying to be a nice, sharing person, I said yes, and dug through my bookbag to find one. She probably just needs to jot something down really quick, I thought to myself. No. I was quite wrong. This lady proceeded to take my pen and use it for a good two hours to do a crossword puzzle.

The moral of the story? Look what you get for sharing.

* * * * *


I think I'll just write "Yes, I'm the idiot who broke the crucible, please tell me how stupid I am" on my forhead.

* * * * *


Today had a few, and only a few, redeeming moments. The most recent is that I have a date with Bill for tomorrow night.

Another was during chambers, when we were warming up. Mr. D. was having us do some clapping exercises to a 4/4 beat, and for one we were just supposed to clap on the fourth beat. When the time came to clap, I was the only one who did. Mr. D. was really excited by this, but everyone started laughing and said "you just clapped randomly, didn't you?" Actually, no. I clapped on the fourth beat, on purpose, thankyouverymuch.

A third was during 4th period. It was deifnitely one of those good times I want to remember. It reminded me of the great moment on the chambers trip when I was laying outside, basking in the sunlight, on my sleeping bag which was on top of the grass, with Rachel playing the guitar, Meghan next to her, and Tom playing with my hair. That was so incredibly perfect. Back to today, though. I was sitting on the couch in the senior retreat, leaning on the extremely comfy Miguel. Kaari was on his other side (put these two together and you get a lot of noise. It's sort of amusing), Tom was on a chair, and he was being really great, because every time I'd stop reading the book we have to read for english, he would say "read!" or "lee!" It was really helpful. Eddie then came, and started to flick my knee. I told him to flick about an inch over, where I have a bug bite. So it was good - a comfy couch & person, someone forcing me to work, and someone else essentially scratching my bug bite for me. Good times.

The last redeeming event of the day was lunch time. A whole bunch of us - me, Meghan, Kat, Rachel, Tom, Eddie, Natalie, and Sam all walked down to SS together for lunch. And we all ate together. It was so great. It was like a reunion of some sort. Nat left early, and Nat, if you read this...seriously...I am really sorry. I don't want you to feel left out. Although it should never happen....please tell me if it does. I'll work on that.

That was my day, in half a nutshell. I'll leave out the rest of the nutshell, because it may contain traces of peanuts.

And what's the fun in writing about the bad stuff? I only want to relive the good stuff.

At least I'm alive. I figured that at the rate I was going, I'd have gotten in a car crash or something equally awful. I don't want to jinx myself, though, because I still have a little over an hour to be struck by lightning or have the roof cave in on me, or get bitten by a black widow spider, or...

No comments: