Lately I've been reevaluating my friendships.
One of them is fading fast. In fact, to me it's almost dead. My friend is now more like an aquaintence. I know nothing of what's going on in this person's life now, and they don't know about what's going on in mine. Am I sad? I'm not sure. Because it seems that as soon as I stopped making all the effort, we stopped talking. So then, what was this friendship in the first place?
I also start to realize things in others...qualities that were pointed out to me that I had, that I hope I've gotten rid of...others' hypocrisy, their selfishness, even though they don't realize it. And what can I do? I want to be a good friend. I want to listen. But could I help them by making them realize what they're doing?
I feel like some people are opportunists. Really this is going back to that first person. And I don't exactly mean opportunist, because that's really seen in a negative light. It's more like...they just don't really care. I guess I shouldn't rely so heavily on people keeping their word with small things, but I do. If I say I'm gonna do something, I almost always will.
I just start to wonder...what has this friendship been, all this time?
Wow...Gabe and the book of numbers. That's going way back. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment