Tuesday, September 03, 2002

I hate tooting my own horn, and I hate being forced or asked to do so. I don't think I'm that wonderful. I'm really not. I'm don't stand out more than other people, and I'm not more accomplished. I didn't do something fabulous every summer, and who knows what the hell I'll contribute to a college community.

You know what? For the loads and bucketfulls of money I'll be paying to go to college, I don't have to stand out. Basically colleges want great people so they can boast about having great people to get more great people. And the money that belongs to those great people. College, as my mom put it, is a racket (sp?). Colleges are supposed to educate US. Hear me? They're supposed to do stuff for US, not the other way around! Ugh. I could continue, but it gets me in enough of a bad mood thinking about it.

Pbbthh.

No comments: