Regarding bugs: "The only good bug is a dead bug." - My mom
She speaks the truth. I actually made a rant about insects on my site (ok ok....I'll plug my site on this blog). But see, I'm sort of too lazy to complete the rant. Ehhh, whatever.
Bugs have too many eyes, too many legs, and there are just too many of them. And they're gross. And they're out to get me, too.
The only time I like bugs is after I kill them. I won't kill them if they're outside, cause technically it's their habitat. But once they enter my house, they're dead.
[Warning: Don't read the next portion if you feel strongly towards bugs and become queasy when you hear about how one went about killing a bug.]
I dubbed myself as being resourceful the other day when I killed a click beetle with some spray deoderant that was laying around the house. I prefer to kill bugs with Raid, but not in the house, and more specifically, not in my room, where I'll have to breathe the fumes. Windex would be my next choice if Raid is not an option, but in the case of the click beetle, I knew that if I left my room it would disappear until I was sleeping, and then it would try to eat me. So I found the aforementioned can of spray deoderant, and I gave that bug a good 3 showers of the deoderant, to which it did not respond well. The bug fell on to a rack that had some fleeces hanging on it. I figured it would die, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I looked back a couple minutes later, and the bug was on the floor, so I smushed it with my tissue box. Click beetles have a reputation for being hard to kill, so to be sure that this bug would indeed be dead, I flushed that sucker down the john.
Oh the joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment