Thursday, August 15, 2002

Editor's note: Since blogger would not publish earlier, this is from around 7 p.m.

I'm not as dumb as I look.

Well. I don't think I look that dumb. I'm not as dumb as I seem.
I hope.

My grandmother let me take Big Red to the club today. On the way there I had to fill it with gas...man am I a dummy.
First I couldn't figure out how to unscrew the...thing. Once you pop open the door to the tank, you know how there's a doodad you have to unscrew? That thing. I tried for a couple minutes, and finally a man who was watching me took pity on my poor self and came to my rescue. It took him about a second to unscrew it. I felt like an ass.
Then I tried to pump the gas, not realizing that I had to go inside and pay first. Dummy. After that all was good.

So I went to the club, worked out, changed into my bathing suit, went outside. Ali, an old friend of mine who also goes there, yelled my name when I got outside, so I went over and talked to her for about a minute. Ryan was also there...even though he told me he wasn't going. Liar :Þ The boy who I used to know - Kyle - who's a lifeguard at the club was also there. I need to make a point of seeing if he remembers me. I bet he won't, cause I look nothing like I used to. But I wonder if my name would even ring a bell.
I quick jumped in the pool for a minute, but I couldn't stay in as long as I wanted since I had to get back home to pick my grandfather up from the train station. When I got out I walked up to my car w/ Ryan, who was also leaving. We talked a little bit by Big Red, which he was clearly so jealous of.
When I went to start the car, though, it wouldn't. I tried and tried, but it said "Check engine" and "charge system." I went back and found Ryan and asked him if he knew anything about cars, so he walked back over and told me to try to start it. Of course it started, making me look like a total ass.

But wait! There's a reason why it wouldn't start! If you unlock it and don't start it up soon after, it won't start on purpose. Security measures.

So that's why I'm not as stupid as I seem.
I hope.

No comments: