Tuesday, August 20, 2002

A connection, right? That's what everyone's looking for. Just a connection that can't be broken or topped by anyone or anything.
Love.
Is it a load of bull?

* * * * *


They told him that he could do his job well b/c he had no connections.
But they weren't real.

* * * * *


I must say, A Beautiful Mind, what I've seen of it, is a great movie. I couldn't help thinking, during the movie, about what a great actor Russel Crowe is. I had no opinion of him before I saw it, even though I've seen Gladiator, but I just kept looking at his eyes. He really had that look of insanity in his eyes. Incredible.

* * * * *


Meghan informed me that my email hasn't been working. No wonder I've received zero emails since Saturday.

* * * * *


Turns out I'm still bitter about not being moved up on the ladder for Players. We were talking about it at Eddie's. There he was, talking about getting his pin. All I've gotten is a wave. Ahhh, injustice. I say injustice, because they moved Meghan, also a storyteller, up. But not me. And not Meg [the other one]. I am upset on both of our behalves. I guess Players Board was trying to imply that we're not as good as Meghan. Subtle. And if not, because I've been told that they really did want to move me up, but that they couldn't say "well we can't give it to Meghan and not give it to [me]," because Meghan was in the room, then all I have to say is: Cool. Thanks, guys. Because of that, I get shafted.

But I shouldn't complain. I guess I'm farther ahead than some people. Maybe someone, somewhere, is jealous of me. Haha. I guess anything's possible, huh?

* * * * *


Lately when I start to feel bad for myself, or someone starts to bitch to me about how hard their life is, I start to think about how easy our lives are. Yeah, it's been said a lot, but there are so many people out there without the comfort of a home, a car, food, and all the other luxuries we so easily take for granted.
So next time you start to bitch, just think how good you have it. Then, if you still need to bitch, just keep that little factoid in mind.

* * * * *


When I hear my grandparents (generally my grandmother) moving around in her room in the wee hours of the morning, I think to myself "who in their right mind is awake at this time?" Then I think "well, I'm awake now. What's that say about me?"

* * * * *


My email is working.

* * * * *


It's so hard to keep my own secrets. It's hard not to talk about things with someone. I guess something is better than nothing.

No comments: