Friday, August 16, 2002

And I'll miss Jess too. And the other former seniors.

* * * * *


I got accupuncture today.
For those of you who don't know, it's when they stick tiny needles into you. They stick the needles in different spots for different ailments. Yeah.

My grandmother is...
Well, she lectured me on how I should always say hi to people, and how it's rude not to, etc. etc. I saw two boys from my class who I don't talk to at the supermarket (where she made me take her when I thought I was just picking her up from the train station and running somewhere quick to get some milk), and I basically just pretended not to see them. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that one of them looked at me, but I'd never blaspheme and say hi to him in front of the other one.

I'm in a rather weird mood now. I think it's from the accupuncture.
She stuck needles in my lower arms, my chest, my shins, and my ankles. Then she stuck some in my back, but while they were in my back she kind of massaged the muscles around. Lemme tell you...it hurt. She did that because I have lower back problems. It looks like that's where i keep all my stress - my lower back - because when she massaged it I started to cry. It wasn't because of the pain, which was tolerable. She just got to all my trigger points. Then she sprayed something on my back that made it cold...my mom said it was probably to numb it so I wouldn't be sore.
I didn't want the lady to see me crying, so I just kind of covered my face and waited till she left the room.
My mom says that when she gets massages, the person giving her the massage will sometimes hit a trigger point where she's been holding her stress, and it makes her cry. She also said it makes her think of the thing that caused her to be stressed at that particular point, too.
I was certainly had one of my big stresses in mind afterwards.

Meanwhile, I'm really sore from working out yesterday.
I want to go to the club today and just relax.
I'm not looking forward to waking up early and going college visiting tomorrow, but I won't be doing an interview, so that's buttah.

No comments: