Friday, June 28, 2002

I had a horrible dream last night.
I was in Newport with my mom, and we went to Sail Newport (my old sailing camp) to see if I could sail a laser.
First they told me no, because the campers were using them, but we managed to get one anyway. My mom decided she wanted to sail one too, and that I should help her rig it. This meant I'd have to rig two boats instead of one. She helped me carry the sail down and stuff, but it was taking a long time to rig the boats.
There were two other kids in already-rigged lasers watching me, wondering what I was doing.
Various people walking by yelled to me that I wasn't allowed to use the boats, but my mom had gotten permission from the lady in charge, so we ignored everyone.
I don't know exactly how we got onto the dock, because it was flooded.
I ended up trying to rig a laser for myself from the shore, with my mom floating in the water next to me, asking me questions the entire time. She brought her laser over and was about to get in it to sail, but she had no rudder or tiller (meaning she wouldn't be able to steer). I told her she needed them, and she started to whine. I had one, so I put it on, and she got her finger caught in it and started to whine again.
I went back up to the house where all the boating supplies were, and when I went in it was a huge fancy mansionesque house. Lots of maroon colored curtains and drapes and couches and decorations.
There was a long table with many people, including my grandparents, seated at it. I walked past it and into another room. I was lost. I kept walking, making a couple turns, and I eventually found the room where my bookbag had been put.
I started talking to a woman, who happens to be in All My Children (yes, that's a soap opera). Then I left.
That was pretty much it, aside from other details which can't really be put into words (you know, weird dream stuff).

Why was this dream so horrible? Because in the end I never got to sail.

No comments: